- Thursday 17 April 2014

How to easily paint realistic looking stone bases.

Tonight I have been painting some bases for Kieron's Dark Eldar army. The Tomb Core Pack by Dark Art Miniatures to be precise along with a set of objective markers by Purple Monster Gaming I've painted a lot of rocks recently on various pieces of scenery so I was able to get a pretty realistic rock look down quite quickly.

The order of paints I used were:

1 - Base coat black.
2 - Paint a layer of dark grey, I used Model Air US Grey (Citadel equivalent Skavenblight Dinge)
3 - Apply Citadel Shade, Athonian Camoshade generously
4 - Dry brush with Citadel Ulthuan Grey

This was the result

I still have to finish the details on them like painting the real skulls bone colour and maybe painting on a bit of mud/sand around the stone. But I think they're definitely off to a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts