- Monday 31 March 2014

Painting Warhammer Temple of Skulls, work in progress

I'm now attempting to paint the biggest piece of scenery I've ever painted so far. Kieron is letting me paint his Temple of Skulls. I keep forgetting its a temple and calling it Skull Island. This thing is a beast, it's HUGE.

This is where I am at after about 7 hours airbrushing and washing. The detachable pillars are further ahead than the main "island".



This piece was a gift to Kieron acquired second hand as such it started out partially painted. This is what it looked like before I started aka The "before" picture.



I also took a couple of photos after airbrushing the base colours, before any washes.



I think there's easily another two days work to get Skull Island finished. A lot of dry brushing and detail painting, there is a surprising number of smaller skulls tucked away on this model.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts