- Wednesday 26 March 2014

Airbrushing warhammer scenery, crumbling ruins


Today I did a repaint of three pieces of scenery. These are some plastic bits that Kieron had sprayed with grey speckled plastikote and abandoned. Due to the plastikote being pretty thick, a lot of the finer detail had been lost, however the plastikote created a rough surface texture. I started with my air brush and added black in the shadows and white highlights. Then I sprayed a light grey very thinly over the top. After that I started building up airbrushed layers of browns and greens. Using the airbrush I was able to build up some colour quickly. Then I applied a bit of Agrax Earthshade and started painting in finer details by hand. I decided to add some free hand vines and flowers to make the pieces more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts